HC to pronounce order on parking row between traders, NDMC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court would
pronounce tomorrow its order after a traders` organisation
refused to pay Rs 5.5 lakh per month to the NDMC for allowing
free parking of vehicles at Khan Market.
The traders` association of Khan Market, which had
earlier offered to compensate the loss to New Delhi Municipal
Council for allowing free parking, today said the demand for
Rs 5.5 lakh was on the higher side.
Justice S Muralidhar took note of the stalemate
between the traders and the NDMC and said the order on the
petition would be pronounced tomorrow.
Earlier, the traders had approached the court against
the NDMC`s decision to charge for parking vehicles at the
The traders` association had said "the NDMC`s decision
is discriminatory as there are various areas in the NDMC zones
where free parking is still permitted."
The paid parking would encourage mafias, the petition
The civic agency had taken the decision following the
direction of Environment Pollution Control Authority to
implement the paid parking facility in the market from April 1
but had deferred the decision for a week.
Parking at the market has been free for the last 60
years. The tender for the paid parking has been awarded to a
private company, the petition said.
In the petition, the traders also sought an order to
quash the civic agency`s step awarding the tender to a private
company to run the paid parking system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report