HC unhappy over condition of women toilets in Delhi
New Delhi: 3,712 public toilets for men and only 269 for women in the national capital.
The figures by trifurcated MCD today left the Delhi High Court unhappy as the civic agency filed its report on 10 out of 12 zones following a PIL alleging that adequate number of toilets for women were not there and the existing ones were not being maintained properly by civic authorities.
The court also summoned Member Secretary of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) after it failed to file a report on the condition of toilets for women in the city.
A division bench of justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Sanjeev Sachdeva sought the personal presence of the officer on August 6.
The bench also asked NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board to file their status report by next date of hearing.
Earlier, the bench had asked the CPCB, besides the civic agencies to file a separate report over the issue.
The bench expressed its anguish over the report filed by the municpal bodies and said "see the state of affairs".
Filing the report of 10 out of 12 zones, MCD said that Karol Bagh zone has 391 toilets for men and only two for woman. Again in the South zone has 309 toilets for men and only 5 toilets for women.
The court passed the order on a PIL filed by advocate Ashok Aggarwal. Referring to a report of a survey conducted in South and New Delhi areas, the counsel submitted that several such toilets were non-functional and the situation in the city is pathetic.
The bench fixed August 6 for further hearing of the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly