HC`s contempt notice to Sheila Dikshit, DJB CEO
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has sought stands of Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and DJB chairperson and CEO on a plea for launch of contempt of court proceedings against them for their alleged failure in framing rules on installation of water meters and fixing the fee for it.
Besides the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) chairperson and its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Justice Vipin Sanghi also issued show cause notices to DJB Member (Finance) and Member (Water), seeking their replies by November 9 to the contempt plea, made by an association of water meter manufacturers.
According to the association, the single bench on January 25 had directed DJB to frame rules relating to installation fee and rent to be paid for use, maintenance and testing of water meters but no rules have been framed so far.
"Initiate contempt proceedings against contemnors for deliberate and intentional breach of the judgement dated January 25 and punish them in accordance with the provisions of the Contempt of Courts Act," the petitioners said.
Earlier, the single judge had asked the DJB to place before it the rules and regulations and in case the DJB hasn`t made the rules, to frame the same in eight weeks and inform the court.
The water meter manufacturers had said in its plea that the consumers were allowed earlier by the court to purchase water meters from the open market was but the DJB had no comprehensive guidelines relating to the usage and installation of the same.
"On a PIL by the RWA of Rajender Nagar, the division bench had allowed consumers to purchase water meters for installation from the open market and had asked the DJB to frame comprehensive guidelines relating to the usage and installation fee...." the meter manufactures said and sought DJB to clarify the rules for installation, usage and maintenance charges to be levied by it on customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp