Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed Delhi Saturday morning spelling chaos on city roads. The hour-long downpour in some parts of the city brought traffic to a halt and flooded roads.
While the weather office was yet to compile the statistics for the rainfall recorded, the traffic department said vehicular movement was severely hit in south and central Delhi.
"Traffic movement was slow from Defence Colony metro station to Lajpat Nagar metro station in south Delhi, on Ring Road and Andrews Ganj chowk," said an official from Traffic helpline.
Traffic snarls were also reported in north Delhi`s Azad Market, Mori Gate and Mall Road.
The minimum temperature Saturday settled a notch below the average at 25.5 degrees Celsius, while the humidity stood at 92 percent at 8.30 am.
The met office said the day would remain cloudy.
The capital has recorded 13.7 mm of rainfall since Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical