Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed Delhi Saturday morning spelling chaos on city roads. The hour-long downpour in some parts of the city brought traffic to a halt and flooded roads.
While the weather office was yet to compile the statistics for the rainfall recorded, the traffic department said vehicular movement was severely hit in south and central Delhi.
"Traffic movement was slow from Defence Colony metro station to Lajpat Nagar metro station in south Delhi, on Ring Road and Andrews Ganj chowk," said an official from Traffic helpline.
Traffic snarls were also reported in north Delhi`s Azad Market, Mori Gate and Mall Road.
The minimum temperature Saturday settled a notch below the average at 25.5 degrees Celsius, while the humidity stood at 92 percent at 8.30 am.
The met office said the day would remain cloudy.
The capital has recorded 13.7 mm of rainfall since Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it