Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed Delhi Saturday morning spelling chaos on city roads. The hour-long downpour in some parts of the city brought traffic to a halt and flooded roads.
While the weather office was yet to compile the statistics for the rainfall recorded, the traffic department said vehicular movement was severely hit in south and central Delhi.
"Traffic movement was slow from Defence Colony metro station to Lajpat Nagar metro station in south Delhi, on Ring Road and Andrews Ganj chowk," said an official from Traffic helpline.
Traffic snarls were also reported in north Delhi`s Azad Market, Mori Gate and Mall Road.
The minimum temperature Saturday settled a notch below the average at 25.5 degrees Celsius, while the humidity stood at 92 percent at 8.30 am.
The met office said the day would remain cloudy.
The capital has recorded 13.7 mm of rainfall since Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!