Heavy fog delays 30 flights in Delhi
New Delhi: Low visibility caused by heavy fog delayed 30 flights on Monday morning in Delhi.
Freezing wind has gripped the capital for the past few days with Sunday’s minimum temperature recorded at around 12 degrees Celsius.
Cloudy weather and rainfall has been frequent over the last couple of days.
Heavy fog also affected road traffic in certain areas with today’s general visibility dropping below 50 meters.
The whole of north India is under a cold spell with Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand witnessing snowfall.
Kashmir too recorded severely low temperatures and the meteorological department also issued and avalanche warning in the northern areas.
Severe damage to crops is also reported in several villages of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter