Heavy fog delays 30 flights in Delhi
New Delhi: Low visibility caused by heavy fog delayed 30 flights on Monday morning in Delhi.
Freezing wind has gripped the capital for the past few days with Sunday’s minimum temperature recorded at around 12 degrees Celsius.
Cloudy weather and rainfall has been frequent over the last couple of days.
Heavy fog also affected road traffic in certain areas with today’s general visibility dropping below 50 meters.
The whole of north India is under a cold spell with Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand witnessing snowfall.
Kashmir too recorded severely low temperatures and the meteorological department also issued and avalanche warning in the northern areas.
Severe damage to crops is also reported in several villages of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list