Heavy fog delays 30 flights in Delhi
New Delhi: Low visibility caused by heavy fog delayed 30 flights on Monday morning in Delhi.
Freezing wind has gripped the capital for the past few days with Sunday’s minimum temperature recorded at around 12 degrees Celsius.
Cloudy weather and rainfall has been frequent over the last couple of days.
Heavy fog also affected road traffic in certain areas with today’s general visibility dropping below 50 meters.
The whole of north India is under a cold spell with Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand witnessing snowfall.
Kashmir too recorded severely low temperatures and the meteorological department also issued and avalanche warning in the northern areas.
Severe damage to crops is also reported in several villages of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan