Heavy fog delays 30 flights in Delhi
New Delhi: Low visibility caused by heavy fog delayed 30 flights on Monday morning in Delhi.
Freezing wind has gripped the capital for the past few days with Sunday’s minimum temperature recorded at around 12 degrees Celsius.
Cloudy weather and rainfall has been frequent over the last couple of days.
Heavy fog also affected road traffic in certain areas with today’s general visibility dropping below 50 meters.
The whole of north India is under a cold spell with Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand witnessing snowfall.
Kashmir too recorded severely low temperatures and the meteorological department also issued and avalanche warning in the northern areas.
Severe damage to crops is also reported in several villages of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video