Heavy fog delays 30 flights in Delhi
New Delhi: Low visibility caused by heavy fog delayed 30 flights on Monday morning in Delhi.
Freezing wind has gripped the capital for the past few days with Sunday’s minimum temperature recorded at around 12 degrees Celsius.
Cloudy weather and rainfall has been frequent over the last couple of days.
Heavy fog also affected road traffic in certain areas with today’s general visibility dropping below 50 meters.
The whole of north India is under a cold spell with Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand witnessing snowfall.
Kashmir too recorded severely low temperatures and the meteorological department also issued and avalanche warning in the northern areas.
Severe damage to crops is also reported in several villages of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on