Heavy rains expected in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a breezy, overcast Tuesday morning in the capital with the met office forecasting heavy rains later in the day. The minimum temperature was recorded one notch below average at 25.9 degrees Celsius.
"The sky will remain cloudy and rains are expected later in the day. Some parts may witness heavy rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
In 24 hours from Monday evening till 8.30 am Tuesday, the city had recorded 15.1 mm rainfall.
Humidity stood at 70 percent. The maximum temperature is likely to hover around the 33 degrees Celsius mark.
Heavy rains Monday had brought down the maximum temperature to season`s average of 33.2 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature recorded was 26.8 degrees Celsius, average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs