Heavy rains expected in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a breezy, overcast Tuesday morning in the capital with the met office forecasting heavy rains later in the day. The minimum temperature was recorded one notch below average at 25.9 degrees Celsius.
"The sky will remain cloudy and rains are expected later in the day. Some parts may witness heavy rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
In 24 hours from Monday evening till 8.30 am Tuesday, the city had recorded 15.1 mm rainfall.
Humidity stood at 70 percent. The maximum temperature is likely to hover around the 33 degrees Celsius mark.
Heavy rains Monday had brought down the maximum temperature to season`s average of 33.2 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature recorded was 26.8 degrees Celsius, average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city