Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls and water-logging
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Friday morning giving a harrowing time to hundreds of morning commuters as they found themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by water-logging.
According to reports, the downpour started early morning and continued to lash parts of Delhi for hours. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded 26 mm of rain since morning.
The Met department has forecast a generally cloudy day with more rain till Sunday. "Sky will remain partly cloudy, more rainfall is expected in the day," an IMD official said.
Maximum temperature during the day will be around 33 degrees Celsius.
Since the Monsoon`s arrival in June, Delhi has received 539.6 mm of rain, 29 percent more than average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter