Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls and water-logging
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Friday morning giving a harrowing time to hundreds of morning commuters as they found themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by water-logging.
According to reports, the downpour started early morning and continued to lash parts of Delhi for hours. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded 26 mm of rain since morning.
The Met department has forecast a generally cloudy day with more rain till Sunday. "Sky will remain partly cloudy, more rainfall is expected in the day," an IMD official said.
Maximum temperature during the day will be around 33 degrees Celsius.
Since the Monsoon`s arrival in June, Delhi has received 539.6 mm of rain, 29 percent more than average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui