Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls and water-logging
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Friday morning giving a harrowing time to hundreds of morning commuters as they found themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by water-logging.
According to reports, the downpour started early morning and continued to lash parts of Delhi for hours. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded 26 mm of rain since morning.
The Met department has forecast a generally cloudy day with more rain till Sunday. "Sky will remain partly cloudy, more rainfall is expected in the day," an IMD official said.
Maximum temperature during the day will be around 33 degrees Celsius.
Since the Monsoon`s arrival in June, Delhi has received 539.6 mm of rain, 29 percent more than average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq