Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls and water-logging
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Friday morning giving a harrowing time to hundreds of morning commuters as they found themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by water-logging.
According to reports, the downpour started early morning and continued to lash parts of Delhi for hours. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded 26 mm of rain since morning.
The Met department has forecast a generally cloudy day with more rain till Sunday. "Sky will remain partly cloudy, more rainfall is expected in the day," an IMD official said.
Maximum temperature during the day will be around 33 degrees Celsius.
Since the Monsoon`s arrival in June, Delhi has received 539.6 mm of rain, 29 percent more than average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’