Heavy rains lash Delhi, cause traffic snarls and water-logging
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Friday morning giving a harrowing time to hundreds of morning commuters as they found themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by water-logging.
According to reports, the downpour started early morning and continued to lash parts of Delhi for hours. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded 26 mm of rain since morning.
The Met department has forecast a generally cloudy day with more rain till Sunday. "Sky will remain partly cloudy, more rainfall is expected in the day," an IMD official said.
Maximum temperature during the day will be around 33 degrees Celsius.
Since the Monsoon`s arrival in June, Delhi has received 539.6 mm of rain, 29 percent more than average.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Federal Alliance hints at joining new govt in Nepal
- Great Red Spot the source of heat on Jupiter: Scientists
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed