Heavy rains lash Delhi-NCR, mercury dips
Zee Media Bureau
Noida: After a hot and humid day, Delhi and NCR on Saturday evening witnessed heavy showers. The rain started shortly before 5.30 pm in Noida and thereafter in parts of the national capital.
There was an overcast sky shortly after 5 pm, which was followed by sudden heavy rains.
Noida plunged into near darkness as the rains got heavier.
It was a huge relief for the people as the mercury dipped sharply with the arrival of the rains. There was high humidity throughout the day.
Meanwhile, heavy rainfall lashed various parts of Uttar Pradesh during the past 24 hours. Due to the rains, water level in major rivers including Ganga, Sharda and Ghaghra, continued to rise, putting the authorities on alert.
As per the report from relief commissioner`s office, 14 districts of the state have been affected by floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa