Heavy rains lash Delhi, water-logging at several places
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed the national capital on Monday morning, once again causing traffic problems for residents and officegoers.
"There are traffic jams in all parts of Delhi," a traffic police officer told reporters.
"Usually, traffic is heavy on Mondays," he added.
"I am stuck on the Ring Road, I don`t understand why as soon as rain starts, the roads start getting choked," Rakesh Gupta of south Delhi said.
"My house was flooded Saturday. If it happens again Monday, it will be very difficult," said Shalini Gupta of east Delhi`s Lakshmi Nagar.
Many commuters also faced a harrowing time as the frequency of buses reduced.
"I have been standing here for an hour, but have not got a bus. I think I would have to go back home now," said Reena Khanna, an office goer from Masjid Moth area in south Delhi.
Pedestrians and two wheelers were seen taking shelter under road and Metro over-bridges, creating traffic bottlenecks.
Motorists had a harrowing time in some places as vehicular movement came to a halt on account of dysfunctional traffic lights.
This comes two days after the national capital recorded 123 mm of rain Saturday, the highest in the past 10 years.
Two Metro stations at Malviya Nagar and Saket had also remained shut for hours Saturday due to flooding.
Traces of rain were recorded on Sunday.
The maximum temperature Monday is expected to be around 34 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature early Monday was 26.7 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year.
The maximum humidity was 87 percent at 8.30 a.m. Monday.
The maximum temperature Sunday was 33.8 degrees Celsius, average for this time of year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says