Heroin worth around Rs 10 cr seized, three held in Delhi
New Delhi: Heroin valued at around Rs 10 crore in international market was seized from various places in the national capital and three persons were arrested in this connection, police said on Sunday.
The accused, identified as Validad Khan (40), Mukesh (26) and Mohd Yasin (57) were nabbed separately and 3.6 kg of contraband was recovered from their possession, Sanjeev Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell), said.
Mukesh was the first to be apprehended from Old Delhi Railway Station on March 17.
"He told us he was part of big interstate narcotics racket being run by Khan and he had received the heroin from Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh," Yadav said.
Later, a police team was sent to Faridpur in UP from where Khan was arrested.
Yasin, who was alleged to have involved in 17 such cases, was arrested from Jama Masjid area here.
On the basis of the information received from the trio, teams were sent to Bareilly and Madhya Pradesh to nab the remaining members of the gang, the DCP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state