Heroin worth Rs 25 crore seized, 3 held
New Delhi: Six-kg of heroin worth Rs 25 crore was seized and three persons, allegedly members of an international drug syndicate, were arrested in this connection.
Vinod Kumar (37), a resident of Rajasthan, Moosa Koya KP (28) and Ummar Farook Badaje (22), both from Kerala, were arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi police after a tip off on November 18, police said today.
A case under NDPS Act has been registered against the accused.
"On November 18, we received information that Kumar, an active member of the syndicate had received a big consignment of heroin from a person in Srinagar.
"It was further learnt that Kumar, who was staying in a hotel in Old Delhi area would leave Delhi between 5:00 PM to 06:00 PM and he would go to Udaipur, Rajasthan by bus carrying the consignment of heroin with him," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Kumar Yadav.
It was found that he had booked a single sleeper ticket through Delight Travels, Lajpat Rai market and his bus was to leave at 06:00 PM from Mori Gate parking, he said.
"The police team followed the bus and it was intercepted at about 07:30 PM near RTR Flyover. During the search of his luggage five-kg of heroin, packed and concealed in an apple carton, was recovered," said Yadav.
During interrogation, Kumar revealed that he was working for Sabir, a resident of Kalluvatti Kuziyil of Calicut district, Kerala. He further disclosed that Sabir who was presently in Kuwait was the kingpin of the syndicate.
"Kumar said that on Sabir`s orders, he went to Srinagar to collect the consignment. He had to deliver the consignment to a person identified as Moosa Koya of Kerala. Koya was supposed to meet him in a hotel at Udaipur, Rajasthan.
"Immediately a police team was rushed to Udaipur. As Moosa Koya made a call to Kumar on November 19 saying that he was staying in a hotel named Yatri. A raid was conducted and Koya and Ummar Farook were arrested from the hotel and 1-kg of heroin was recovered from their room," said Yadav.
The matter is being probed further, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state