High Court orders 47 new courts in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi`s Chief Justice N.V. Ramana Thursday ordered setting up of 47 new courts in the city to "lessen the pendency of litigations".
As per the executive order of the Delhi High Court, Chief Justice Ramana said that the new courts will come up in six district court complexes from Jan 15.
High Court Registrar General Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said the new courts will deal with trial in heinous offences and civil matters, including motor accidents cases.
The order said that as a consequence, 78 officers of Delhi Higher Judicial Services (additional district and sessions judges) and 150 officers of Delhi Judicial Services (civil judges and magistrates) have been transferred.
The order said: "The aforesaid creation of new courts will certainly result in expediting the trial of cases both in the district courts as well as in the Delhi High Court."
The high court asked the district judges to ensure that the "litigants be intimated within two weeks about the new destinations of their pending cases so that no inconvenience is caused to lawyers and litigants in the transfer of the cases".
In the order, the chief justice also asked the judges, who have either been promoted or transferred, to pronounce verdicts in the matters in which they had earlier reserved the judgments.
The chief justice also appointed two senior trial court judges -- Satinder Kumar Gautam and Brijesh Kumar Garg as joint registrars of the high court to deal with civil matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters