High drama in Delhi Assembly, BJP MLAs evicted
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed on Thursday in
the Delhi Assembly as BJP MLAs were forcibly evicted after
they created ruckus following Speaker`s refusal to allow them
to raise water and power problems in the capital on the floor
of the House.
The trouble started soon after the Question Hour when
Speaker Yoganand Shastri announced that Special Mention
notices given by members of Opposition and ruling party could
not be taken up due to paucity of time.
The BJP members were on their feet soon demanding that
the issues concern common man and they have to be discussed.
The ruling party members said they agree with the
Speaker`s decision, but Opposition members said a decision on
this can only be taken unanimously by the House.
"If we don`t discuss the issue in the Assembly, where do
we discuss? This is not fair. The Speaker should allow us to
raise the issues that concern common man," Leader of
Opposition VK Malhotra said amid din in the House.
With the Speaker unrelenting, BJP members trooped into
the well of the House prompting the Chair to call the marshals
and remove the MLAs from the House.
However, the BJP MLAs did not move from the place and
even picked up fights with the marshals. Speaker Shastri asked
the marshals to remove the members immediately.
Before they were removed, the BJP members shouted slogans
like `Withdraw the bailout package to discoms` and said the
Speaker was not taking the Opposition members into confidence
before taking a decision.
Malhotra protested the Speaker`s decision and left the
house on his own.
Independent MLA Mohammad Asif Khan was also removed from
the House after he insisted that Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
clarify her stand on Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s comments
on Batla House encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog