High-tech parking lots to come up in Delhi
New Delhi: As part of efforts to cope up with
the parking space crunch in the capital, the MCD will
construct three modern stack parking sites.
The Municipal Corporation of Delhi has invited bids for
setting up a three-level stack parking site, where cars can be
kept on horizontal decks using hydraulic lifts, in New Lajpat
Rai Market area in old Delhi. In the coming days, tenders will
be invited for two more stack parking sites in Darya Ganj and
near ITO, officials said.
Last year, MCD had invited tenders for constructing stack
or puzzle parkings in congested Karol Bagh and Paharganj areas
while bids for a similar project in Shalimar Bagh was invited
The multi-level puzzle-type stack parking system can have
three, four or five decks of iron frames, which can be moved
vertically or horizontally with powerful hydraulic lifts.
For the first time such a technology is being used for
constructing parking sites in Delhi, officials said, adding it
has been used extensively in Japan, Singapore and Germany.
"The benefit of this system is that it can help save
space. With the use of this technology, available space can be
maximised by stacking three or four cars in the space which
would otherwise be occupied by a single vehicle," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!