Highlight govt`s good work: Dikshit to colleagues
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Monday discussed preparations for the municipal polls
with her cabinet colleagues and asked them to highlight the
"good work" of the government to the people.
Dikshit, who had strongly pushed for trifurcation of the
MCD, told the ministers to put their hard work in ensuring
victory for the party candidates.
Elections to the three municipalities will be held on
April 15 and counting of votes will take place on April 17.
The municipal polls are seen as a semifinal between BJP
and Congress ahead of the Assembly polls. Both the main
political parties have already kick-starting their campaign to
The model code of conduct for the for the first polls of
the trifurcated MCD has come into effect from today.
Dikshit, who had restricted her campaigning to a few
meetings in the run up to the 2007 civic polls, has already
addressed couple of rallies to enthuse the grassroot workers.
The BJP had won the polls in 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know