Hilleman Labs, Gotovax AB to develop cholera vaccine
New Delhi: Two global pharmaceutical firms - Hilleman Laboratories and Gotovax AB - Tuesday joined hands to develop affordable oral cholera vaccine.
"Our partnership with Gotovax AB is carefully aligned to Hilleman Laboratories` core philosophy of addressing unmet health needs of the underprivileged by developing accessible and innovative vaccines which are affordable," Hilleman Laboratories` chief executive officer Davinder Gill said.
Hilleman Laboratories is a Merck & Co and UK-based Wellcome Trust joint venture while Gotovax AB is a bio-pharmaceutical firm.
"There is an urgent need for highly effective and affordable Cholera vaccines both for outbreaks as well as mass vaccination campaigns.
"Cholera is endemic in over 50 countries with estimated mortality of 100,000-120,000 deaths each year and a morbidity of 3.8-4.4 million annual cases attributed to this disease," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC