Hilleman Labs, Gotovax AB to develop cholera vaccine
New Delhi: Two global pharmaceutical firms - Hilleman Laboratories and Gotovax AB - Tuesday joined hands to develop affordable oral cholera vaccine.
"Our partnership with Gotovax AB is carefully aligned to Hilleman Laboratories` core philosophy of addressing unmet health needs of the underprivileged by developing accessible and innovative vaccines which are affordable," Hilleman Laboratories` chief executive officer Davinder Gill said.
Hilleman Laboratories is a Merck & Co and UK-based Wellcome Trust joint venture while Gotovax AB is a bio-pharmaceutical firm.
"There is an urgent need for highly effective and affordable Cholera vaccines both for outbreaks as well as mass vaccination campaigns.
"Cholera is endemic in over 50 countries with estimated mortality of 100,000-120,000 deaths each year and a morbidity of 3.8-4.4 million annual cases attributed to this disease," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda