Hindu College principal resigns
New Delhi: The principal of Delhi
University`s Hindu College has resigned from his office
apparently after the varsity denied him an extension on his
two-year leave from his department.
Principal VK Srivastava, who assumed charge in 2010, was
on a two-year leave from the Department of Anthropology.
He had sought a leave extension but the University has
refused it, according to a source.
While Srivastava did not respond to calls, media
coordinator Anju Srivastava said: "I am not aware and will not
be able to comment on this".
The college had got a regular principal in 2010, two
years after the previous official Kavita A Sharma stepped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!