Hindu College principal resigns
New Delhi: The principal of Delhi
University`s Hindu College has resigned from his office
apparently after the varsity denied him an extension on his
two-year leave from his department.
Principal VK Srivastava, who assumed charge in 2010, was
on a two-year leave from the Department of Anthropology.
He had sought a leave extension but the University has
refused it, according to a source.
While Srivastava did not respond to calls, media
coordinator Anju Srivastava said: "I am not aware and will not
be able to comment on this".
The college had got a regular principal in 2010, two
years after the previous official Kavita A Sharma stepped
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living