Hindu College student commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: A Manipuri student committed suicide by strangling himself with a mobile phone charger at his hostel room in Delhi University`s Hindu College, police said Sunday.
The body of Chang Than Kirpa Singh, 21, was spotted in room 175 of the hostel by his roommate when he came back Sunday morning. In a two-page suicide note, Singh blamed himself for the death.
"The body was lying on a bed," a police officer told IANS.
The suicide note reportedly said that he was not keeping well and fed up with life. He said he was a "disobedient son".
Singh was pursuing graduation in music honours from the college. The dead man`s father told police that he was taking medication for depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed