Hindu College student commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: A Manipuri student committed suicide by strangling himself with a mobile phone charger at his hostel room in Delhi University`s Hindu College, police said Sunday.
The body of Chang Than Kirpa Singh, 21, was spotted in room 175 of the hostel by his roommate when he came back Sunday morning. In a two-page suicide note, Singh blamed himself for the death.
"The body was lying on a bed," a police officer told IANS.
The suicide note reportedly said that he was not keeping well and fed up with life. He said he was a "disobedient son".
Singh was pursuing graduation in music honours from the college. The dead man`s father told police that he was taking medication for depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen