Hindu College student commits suicide in Delhi
New Delhi: A Manipuri student committed suicide by strangling himself with a mobile phone charger at his hostel room in Delhi University`s Hindu College, police said Sunday.
The body of Chang Than Kirpa Singh, 21, was spotted in room 175 of the hostel by his roommate when he came back Sunday morning. In a two-page suicide note, Singh blamed himself for the death.
"The body was lying on a bed," a police officer told IANS.
The suicide note reportedly said that he was not keeping well and fed up with life. He said he was a "disobedient son".
Singh was pursuing graduation in music honours from the college. The dead man`s father told police that he was taking medication for depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire