Hindu College student commits suicide
New Delhi: A 21-year-old post-graduate student of Delhi University allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his hostel room Friday, a police official said.
"Shashi Shekhar, hailing from Bihar`s Nalanda district, was staying alone in room number 112 of Hindu College hostel on the university campus. He was found hanging by some of the inmates of the hostel around 9.30 a.m. today (Friday) and they immediately informed the warden," Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), Sindhu Pillai told IANS.
According to the police, the body has been sent for post-mortem to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital in north Delhi. His family members have been informed.
"A class lecture notebook has been recovered from Shekhar`s room. On one of the pages he has written - `This is my life`," Pillai said.
"We are investigating from all possible angles," the police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA