Hindu College student commits suicide
New Delhi: A 21-year-old post-graduate student of Delhi University allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his hostel room Friday, a police official said.
"Shashi Shekhar, hailing from Bihar`s Nalanda district, was staying alone in room number 112 of Hindu College hostel on the university campus. He was found hanging by some of the inmates of the hostel around 9.30 a.m. today (Friday) and they immediately informed the warden," Deputy Commissioner of Police (North), Sindhu Pillai told IANS.
According to the police, the body has been sent for post-mortem to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital in north Delhi. His family members have been informed.
"A class lecture notebook has been recovered from Shekhar`s room. On one of the pages he has written - `This is my life`," Pillai said.
"We are investigating from all possible angles," the police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III