Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist arrested; Delhi Police seize 10 kg heroine
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist along with two others.
The other two arrested are reportedly drug peddlers.
Moreover, the police also recovered 10 kg heroine worth around Rs 35 crore from all three arrested. One of the arrested is police constable in Jammu and Kashmir.
The names of three men arrested are Khurshid Alam from J&K and B Ganesh,M Senthil from Tamil Nadu.
As per the police, the money from the drug racket was to be used for terror activities.
"Khurshid revealed that Fayyaz, an area commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, presently based in Pakistan`s Abottabad, has been sending consignments of drugs through his conduits active in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a police officer said.
"It has also been revealed that a significant portion of the proceeds of this trade gets remitted to Fayyaz for furthering the activities of his terrorist organization," the police officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview