Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist arrested; Delhi Police seize 10 kg heroine
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist along with two others.
The other two arrested are reportedly drug peddlers.
Moreover, the police also recovered 10 kg heroine worth around Rs 35 crore from all three arrested. One of the arrested is police constable in Jammu and Kashmir.
The names of three men arrested are Khurshid Alam from J&K and B Ganesh,M Senthil from Tamil Nadu.
As per the police, the money from the drug racket was to be used for terror activities.
"Khurshid revealed that Fayyaz, an area commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, presently based in Pakistan`s Abottabad, has been sending consignments of drugs through his conduits active in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a police officer said.
"It has also been revealed that a significant portion of the proceeds of this trade gets remitted to Fayyaz for furthering the activities of his terrorist organization," the police officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui