Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist arrested; Delhi Police seize 10 kg heroine
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist along with two others.
The other two arrested are reportedly drug peddlers.
Moreover, the police also recovered 10 kg heroine worth around Rs 35 crore from all three arrested. One of the arrested is police constable in Jammu and Kashmir.
The names of three men arrested are Khurshid Alam from J&K and B Ganesh,M Senthil from Tamil Nadu.
As per the police, the money from the drug racket was to be used for terror activities.
"Khurshid revealed that Fayyaz, an area commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, presently based in Pakistan`s Abottabad, has been sending consignments of drugs through his conduits active in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a police officer said.
"It has also been revealed that a significant portion of the proceeds of this trade gets remitted to Fayyaz for furthering the activities of his terrorist organization," the police officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez