Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist arrested; Delhi Police seize 10 kg heroine
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist along with two others.
The other two arrested are reportedly drug peddlers.
Moreover, the police also recovered 10 kg heroine worth around Rs 35 crore from all three arrested. One of the arrested is police constable in Jammu and Kashmir.
The names of three men arrested are Khurshid Alam from J&K and B Ganesh,M Senthil from Tamil Nadu.
As per the police, the money from the drug racket was to be used for terror activities.
"Khurshid revealed that Fayyaz, an area commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, presently based in Pakistan`s Abottabad, has been sending consignments of drugs through his conduits active in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a police officer said.
"It has also been revealed that a significant portion of the proceeds of this trade gets remitted to Fayyaz for furthering the activities of his terrorist organization," the police officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28