Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist arrested; Delhi Police seize 10 kg heroine
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell on Monday arrested a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist along with two others.
The other two arrested are reportedly drug peddlers.
Moreover, the police also recovered 10 kg heroine worth around Rs 35 crore from all three arrested. One of the arrested is police constable in Jammu and Kashmir.
The names of three men arrested are Khurshid Alam from J&K and B Ganesh,M Senthil from Tamil Nadu.
As per the police, the money from the drug racket was to be used for terror activities.
"Khurshid revealed that Fayyaz, an area commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, presently based in Pakistan`s Abottabad, has been sending consignments of drugs through his conduits active in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir," a police officer said.
"It has also been revealed that a significant portion of the proceeds of this trade gets remitted to Fayyaz for furthering the activities of his terrorist organization," the police officer added.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union