New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram has
come to the aid of 21 families who were victims of bomb blasts
in the national capital in September 2008 but did not get any
"When this matter was brought to my notice earlier this
month, I directed that all the 21 cases should be processed
immediately," Chidambaram told reporters at his monthly press
He said all the cases have been processed now and in 15
cases the financial assistance has been disbursed.
"In the remaining six cases sanction was accorded on
September 29 and the money will be disbursed shortly," he
A series of five synchronised bomb blasts within a span of
few minutes at various locations in Delhi on September 13,
2008, had left at least 30 dead and over 100 injured.