Hoax bomb call at Delhi cinema hall
New Delhi: A telephone call claiming that a
bomb has been planted in a cinema hall here sent the security
agencies into a tizzy this evening but it later turned out be
a hoax and police arrested one person in this regard.
A call was received at Sangam Cinema in south Delhi`s R K
Puram at 6:44 pm that a bomb has been placed in the hall, a
senior police official said.
Police was informed and Bomb disposal teams and dog
squads were rushed to the spot.
After searches at the multiplex, which is screening
Shahrukh Khan-starrer `My Name is Khan`, police declared the
call as a hoax.
Police arrested one Radhe Shankar, a resident of Nand
Nagri, after technical surveillance, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview