Hoax bomb call at Noida school
Noida: A hoax call of a bomb in a private school in Noida sent police in a tizzy Monday.
The call was made around afternoon on the landline number of Kothari Public School in sector 50, police said.
Noida Senior Superintendent of Police Preetinder Singh told IANS that soon after the call was made, dog squads and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the school.
"The school was immediately vacated and thorough combing was initiated but nothing was found," he said.
Police said they were trying to trace the phone number from which a man made the hoax call.
Security at the school was beefed up and alert sounded in the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan