Hoax bomb call at Noida school
Noida: A hoax call of a bomb in a private school in Noida sent police in a tizzy Monday.
The call was made around afternoon on the landline number of Kothari Public School in sector 50, police said.
Noida Senior Superintendent of Police Preetinder Singh told IANS that soon after the call was made, dog squads and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the school.
"The school was immediately vacated and thorough combing was initiated but nothing was found," he said.
Police said they were trying to trace the phone number from which a man made the hoax call.
Security at the school was beefed up and alert sounded in the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway