Hoax call to blow up Delhi Police headquarters
New Delhi: An anonymous call threatening to
blow up Delhi Police Headquarters here sent security personnel
on a high alert but it later turned out to be a hoax, police
said on Sunday.
The call was received at the PHQ late last evening but a
thorough search in the building located at ITO yielded
nothing, they said.
The phone call was later declared as a hoax, they said.
"We received the call late evening. A thorough search was
conducted. The call was later declared hoax," a senior police
Of late, security apparatus at the Police Headquarters
has been stepped up especially after the terror strike outside
the Delhi High Court on September seven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa