Holi frenzy grips Krishna land in Mathura
Vrindavan/Mathura: Holi festivities gripped the Krishna land here Sunday with a riot of colours and devotional prayers in temples dotting the region.
Vrindavan temples were enveloped in colourful clouds of gulal. Saffron colour made from fragrant flowers was sprinkled on the devout. The central point of celebrations was the Bankey Bihari temple.
In Mathura, the whole stretch from Holi Gate to the Dwarkadheesh temple witnessed Holi fervour.
People threw colours and gulal as they greeted one another with the customary three-time Holi hug.
From Goverdhan to Barsana, Nand Gaon and Gokul-Mahavan across the river Yamuna, the mood was festive and Holi celebrations were in full flow.
With bright sunshine, the mustard fields looked in full bloom, adding to the mood.
"Farmers in this belt hit by abrupt rains and hailstorms suffered losses. But now the damage does not seem to be so extensive," said Atar Singh, a farmer.
In Agra, foreign tourists watched the Holi revellers with awe and curiosity.
Some were bold enough to join the colour-throwing contests but most chose to watch from their room windows, said hotelier Sandeep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29