Home Minister assures inquiry into minor`s rape
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday assured that proper action would be taken in the rape case of the five-year-old girl here.
"An inquiry has been ordered. Proper steps will be taken after the inquiry report will be handed over to us," said Shinde.
He said that he was informed of the details of the rape case Friday and that the accused had been arrested and will be brought to Delhi from Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
Replying to a question about the victim`s condition, Shinde said: "We are trying to ascertain her medical condition."
The girl was abducted April 15 and kept hostage for two days without food and water in a room in which the attacker lived, on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The victim`s family stays in the same building, police said.
The accused Manoj Kumar, 25, was arrested from a village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district early Saturday, police said.
The girl, who was repeatedly raped, was rescued when members of her family heard her screams Wednesday. She is undergoing treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday