Home Ministry cracks whip on late comers
New Delhi: Late comers beware! Grappling with the problem of 50 per cent of its employees turning up late for work, the Home Ministry has warned its staff of strict disciplinary action if they do not become punctual.
After assuming charge of Home Ministry, the then Home Minister P Chidambaram had introduced biometric attendance system in 2009. In the past few months, it was seen that on an average only 50 to 60 per cent of the staffers reported at 9.30 AM and despite some action against habitual defaulters, the situation has not improved.
There are around 1,150 officials working in the Ministry.
"It has also been observed that some staff wilfully do not register their attendance in the system, either in the morning or evening or both. This is unacceptable and therefore, there is a need for making a concerted effort to improve punctuality, and hence the discipline," an office memorandum of the ministry said.
All Joint Secretaries have been asked to direct the section heads to monitor the biometric data regularly and find out the habitual defaulters who either do not mark attendance in the biometric system, report later than 9.30 AM more than five times in a month or leave the workplace early and having deficit exceeding 10 per cent of the total working hours in a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug