Home Ministry receives report from Delhi Police on LeT men
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is learnt to have conveyed to the Home Ministry that one of the two residents of Muzaffarnagar approached by two suspected LeT operatives, is a petty criminal operating in Western Uttar Pradesh.
In its report to the Home Ministry, the Delhi Police is said to have informed that the two residents were not victims of Muzaffarnagar riots or had anything to do with the violence there.
Sources said one of the two Muzaffarnagar residents was a petty criminal and had been involved in several crimes in western Uttar Pradesh. Antecedents of the other person is being verified.
The Delhi Police said in its report that the probe into the case was still on and few more suspects have to be interrogated before drawing any conclusion in the case.
According to Delhi Police, the suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives Mohd Shahid and Mohd Rashid, who have been arrested recently from Mewat region of Haryana, had met Liyakat and Zameer, both Muzaffarnagar residents, in connection with mobilising funds for construction of a mosque.
The Delhi Police Special Cell had last month claimed to have busted a terror module of Lashkar-e-Toiba which was in an "advanced stage" of planning a militant strike in Delhi with the arrest of these two suspected LeT operatives.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had courted controversy during election campaign in October last when he had claimed that intelligence agency officials have told him that ISI was trying to recruit disgruntled youth from among the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?