Hooda should clarify on giving Kanda ministerial post: INLD
Chandigarh: Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) on Thursday sought clarification from Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for appointing Gopal Goyal Kanda as a Minister of State despite "facing four criminal cases."
"The INLD fails to understand how Hooda appointed a person like Kanda, who disclosed in his election affidavit that he is facing four criminal cases, as a minister in his cabinet and that too with key Home portfolio," INLD General Secretary Ajay Singh Chautala told reporters here.
He also accused Hooda of trying to shield Kanda.
"The Chief Minister and his officials till the last minute of Kanda`s surrender had protected him and provided him police cover," he claimed.
Refuting assertions that the former minister once enjoyed proximity with the Chautalas in Sirsa, he said, "Kanda had never even been a primary member of the INLD."
Kanda is in police custody in Delhi for alleged involvement in the suicide of an air hostess, who was his former employee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what