Hooda should clarify on giving Kanda ministerial post: INLD
Chandigarh: Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) on Thursday sought clarification from Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda for appointing Gopal Goyal Kanda as a Minister of State despite "facing four criminal cases."
"The INLD fails to understand how Hooda appointed a person like Kanda, who disclosed in his election affidavit that he is facing four criminal cases, as a minister in his cabinet and that too with key Home portfolio," INLD General Secretary Ajay Singh Chautala told reporters here.
He also accused Hooda of trying to shield Kanda.
"The Chief Minister and his officials till the last minute of Kanda`s surrender had protected him and provided him police cover," he claimed.
Refuting assertions that the former minister once enjoyed proximity with the Chautalas in Sirsa, he said, "Kanda had never even been a primary member of the INLD."
Kanda is in police custody in Delhi for alleged involvement in the suicide of an air hostess, who was his former employee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor