Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday
New Delhi: The capital`s residents went through a cloudy and hot Thursday with no rains, but there was some relief due to a light breeze even as the maximum temperature went seven notches above average to 40.5 degrees Celsius. Some rain is likely Friday.
"The skies would be cloudy skies and light rains or thundershowers may occur in some areas Friday," said an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Thursday settled six notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 64 and 33 percent.
This year, the monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20 but its position might change, said the IMD.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 40.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average for the season, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.2 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'