Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday
New Delhi: The capital`s residents went through a cloudy and hot Thursday with no rains, but there was some relief due to a light breeze even as the maximum temperature went seven notches above average to 40.5 degrees Celsius. Some rain is likely Friday.
"The skies would be cloudy skies and light rains or thundershowers may occur in some areas Friday," said an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Thursday settled six notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 64 and 33 percent.
This year, the monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20 but its position might change, said the IMD.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 40.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average for the season, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.2 degrees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'