Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday
New Delhi: The capital`s residents went through a cloudy and hot Thursday with no rains, but there was some relief due to a light breeze even as the maximum temperature went seven notches above average to 40.5 degrees Celsius. Some rain is likely Friday.
"The skies would be cloudy skies and light rains or thundershowers may occur in some areas Friday," said an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Thursday settled six notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 64 and 33 percent.
This year, the monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20 but its position might change, said the IMD.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 40.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average for the season, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.2 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?