Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday
New Delhi: The capital`s residents went through a cloudy and hot Thursday with no rains, but there was some relief due to a light breeze even as the maximum temperature went seven notches above average to 40.5 degrees Celsius. Some rain is likely Friday.
"The skies would be cloudy skies and light rains or thundershowers may occur in some areas Friday," said an official at the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 88.6 mm, which is 49 percent less than normal.
The minimum temperature Thursday settled six notches above average at 32.2 degrees Celsius. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 64 and 33 percent.
This year, the monsoon is expected to last in the national capital till Sep 20 but its position might change, said the IMD.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 40.3 degrees Celsius, six notches above the average for the season, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.2 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video