Hot day in Delhi, rain likely
New Delhi: The week began on a scorching note for the capital Monday with the minimum temperature settling three notches above average at 31.2 degrees Celsius. However, the weather office has forecast some respite with possible thunder showers towards the evening.
"The skies will become partly cloudy as the day progresses, there could be rain towards the evening and night in some parts of the city," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
"The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees Celsius," the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 42 percent.
Sunday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were both five notches above average at 42.1 degrees and 33.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends