Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi residents sweated it out Saturday on a hot and sultry day that saw the temperatures settling above average. The met office though has assured some relief Sunday with a forecast of light rains in the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The skies remained clear Saturday but the high humidity levels coupled with above- average temperatures troubled the people.
The day`s maximum temperature was 35.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 28 degrees -- both two notches above average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 81 and a low of 59 percent.
The maximum temperature Friday was 35.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare