Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi residents sweated it out Saturday on a hot and sultry day that saw the temperatures settling above average. The met office though has assured some relief Sunday with a forecast of light rains in the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The skies remained clear Saturday but the high humidity levels coupled with above- average temperatures troubled the people.
The day`s maximum temperature was 35.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 28 degrees -- both two notches above average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 81 and a low of 59 percent.
The maximum temperature Friday was 35.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured