Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi residents sweated it out Saturday on a hot and sultry day that saw the temperatures settling above average. The met office though has assured some relief Sunday with a forecast of light rains in the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The skies remained clear Saturday but the high humidity levels coupled with above- average temperatures troubled the people.
The day`s maximum temperature was 35.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 28 degrees -- both two notches above average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 81 and a low of 59 percent.
The maximum temperature Friday was 35.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened