Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi residents sweated it out Saturday on a hot and sultry day that saw the temperatures settling above average. The met office though has assured some relief Sunday with a forecast of light rains in the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The skies remained clear Saturday but the high humidity levels coupled with above- average temperatures troubled the people.
The day`s maximum temperature was 35.7 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 28 degrees -- both two notches above average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 81 and a low of 59 percent.
The maximum temperature Friday was 35.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'