Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected
New Delhi: It was hot and sunny morning in the capital Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will be cloudy and rain may lash parts of the city," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius, added the IMD official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 77 percent.
According to the IMD, the city has received a total of 88.7 mm rainfall so far in this season and the capital`s rain deficit has grown to 62 percent.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature settled five notches above average at 38.6 degrees, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city