Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected
New Delhi: It was hot and sunny morning in the capital Wednesday with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The met office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will be cloudy and rain may lash parts of the city," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 35 degrees Celsius, added the IMD official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 77 percent.
According to the IMD, the city has received a total of 88.7 mm rainfall so far in this season and the capital`s rain deficit has grown to 62 percent.
Tuesday`s maximum temperature settled five notches above average at 38.6 degrees, while the minimum was three notches above average at 29.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured