Hot Sunday in Delhi, mercury settles above normal
New Delhi: After a few days of relief, Delhiites experienced a hot day today with mercury remaining at above normal levels.
The maximum rose to 41.8 degrees Celsius, three notch above normal and up from yesterday`s 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was recorded at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal.
The humidity oscillated between 23 and 35 per cent.
The Weatherman has predicted a hotter day tomorrow with day temperature likely to rise to 43 degrees Celsius. The minimum could be around 30 degrees Celsius.
"It could be a partly cloudy sky. There is a possibility of thunder development towards afternoon or evening," the MeT office said.
The city, which had been reeling under heatwave conditions, has been experiencing pleasant weather since the rains on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar