Hot Sunday in Delhi, mercury settles above normal
New Delhi: After a few days of relief, Delhiites experienced a hot day today with mercury remaining at above normal levels.
The maximum rose to 41.8 degrees Celsius, three notch above normal and up from yesterday`s 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was recorded at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal.
The humidity oscillated between 23 and 35 per cent.
The Weatherman has predicted a hotter day tomorrow with day temperature likely to rise to 43 degrees Celsius. The minimum could be around 30 degrees Celsius.
"It could be a partly cloudy sky. There is a possibility of thunder development towards afternoon or evening," the MeT office said.
The city, which had been reeling under heatwave conditions, has been experiencing pleasant weather since the rains on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16