Hot Sunday in Delhi, mercury settles above normal
New Delhi: After a few days of relief, Delhiites experienced a hot day today with mercury remaining at above normal levels.
The maximum rose to 41.8 degrees Celsius, three notch above normal and up from yesterday`s 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was recorded at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal.
The humidity oscillated between 23 and 35 per cent.
The Weatherman has predicted a hotter day tomorrow with day temperature likely to rise to 43 degrees Celsius. The minimum could be around 30 degrees Celsius.
"It could be a partly cloudy sky. There is a possibility of thunder development towards afternoon or evening," the MeT office said.
The city, which had been reeling under heatwave conditions, has been experiencing pleasant weather since the rains on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city