Hot Sunday in Delhi, mercury settles above normal
New Delhi: After a few days of relief, Delhiites experienced a hot day today with mercury remaining at above normal levels.
The maximum rose to 41.8 degrees Celsius, three notch above normal and up from yesterday`s 40.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was recorded at 29.5 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal.
The humidity oscillated between 23 and 35 per cent.
The Weatherman has predicted a hotter day tomorrow with day temperature likely to rise to 43 degrees Celsius. The minimum could be around 30 degrees Celsius.
"It could be a partly cloudy sky. There is a possibility of thunder development towards afternoon or evening," the MeT office said.
The city, which had been reeling under heatwave conditions, has been experiencing pleasant weather since the rains on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers