Hot, sweltering Thursday for Delhi
New Delhi: Despite light rains on Wednesday, Delhiites woke up to another hot morning Thursday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above the average for the season at 30.4 degrees Celsius. The met department forecasts a cloudy, hot day.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the capital received 0.4 mm of rainfall from Wednesday evening till 8.30 a.m. Thursday.
"The sky is likely to become partly cloudy as the day progresses and there is no forecast of rain. Maximum temperature will be around 41 degrees Celsius," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 63 percent.
Wednesday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were three notches above average at 40.2 degrees and 31 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale today; get it at Rs 6,999
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!
- No Indian casualty in Turkey terror attack