Hot, sweltering Thursday for Delhi
New Delhi: Despite light rains on Wednesday, Delhiites woke up to another hot morning Thursday with the minimum temperature settling two notches above the average for the season at 30.4 degrees Celsius. The met department forecasts a cloudy, hot day.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the capital received 0.4 mm of rainfall from Wednesday evening till 8.30 a.m. Thursday.
"The sky is likely to become partly cloudy as the day progresses and there is no forecast of rain. Maximum temperature will be around 41 degrees Celsius," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 63 percent.
Wednesday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were three notches above average at 40.2 degrees and 31 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore