Human trafficking: Cop, airline staffer chargeshee
New Delhi: A Jet Airways employee, a Delhi police officer and an immigration officer have been charge sheeted for allegedly running a "human trafficking" racket.
The Special Cell of police filed the charges heeted in a court here against Immigration officer Chaman Azhar, Jet Airways staff Manoj Sarpal and Police Sub-Inspector Naveen Chandra alias Rajiv, indicting them for allegedly facilitating travel of passengers on forged passports and immigration stamps.
The three have been accused of committing offences of cheating, forgery, criminal conspiracy, destruction of evidence under the Indian Penal Code and also offences under the Passports Act.
In its charge sheet filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash, the Special Cell said the fraud was detected after a woman Navdeep Kaur, also an accused in the case, travelling on Jet Airways flight to Toronto was deported from Brussels as she was found travelling on a fake passport.
Kaur was travelling on a passport issued in the name of one Asha Panigrahi, who told police during questioning that the fake passport was arranged by one Manveer, who had met her at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib here and proposed that he can arrange the passport for her for Rs 6 lakh.
The charge sheet said on March 28 last year, Manveer dropped her at IGI Airport where Manoj contacted her, gave her a passport in the name of Asha Panigrahi, carrying a Jet Airways security sticker and also a boarding pass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video