Human trafficking: Cop, airline staffer chargesheeted
New Delhi: A Jet Airways employee, a Delhi police officer and an immigration officer have been charge sheeted for allegedly running a "human trafficking" racket.
The Special Cell of police filed the charges heeted in a court here against Immigration officer Chaman Azhar, Jet Airways staff Manoj Sarpal and Police Sub-Inspector Naveen Chandra alias Rajiv, indicting them for allegedly facilitating travel of passengers on forged passports and immigration stamps.
The three have been accused of committing offences of cheating, forgery, criminal conspiracy, destruction of evidence under the Indian Penal Code and also offences under the Passports Act.
In its charge sheet filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash, the Special Cell said the fraud was detected after a woman Navdeep Kaur, also an accused in the case, travelling on Jet Airways flight to Toronto was deported from Brussels as she was found travelling on a fake passport.
Kaur was travelling on a passport issued in the name of one Asha Panigrahi, who told police during questioning that the fake passport was arranged by one Manveer, who had met her at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib here and proposed that he can arrange the passport for her for Rs 6 lakh.
The charge sheet said on March 28 last year, Manveer dropped her at IGI Airport where Manoj contacted her, gave her a passport in the name of Asha Panigrahi, carrying a Jet Airways security sticker and also a boarding pass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door