Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: The capital woke up to a hot and cloudy Sunday morning with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains towards the evening.
"The skies will be cloudy... Thundershowers are expected in some parts of the city in the evening," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature will hover around 33 degrees Celsius, added the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 80 percent.
According to IMD, the capital`s rainfall deficit had so far grown to 61 percent.
Saturday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were both a notch above average at 35.4 degrees and 27.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends