Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: The capital woke up to a hot and cloudy Sunday morning with the minimum temperature settling a notch above average at 27.9 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains towards the evening.
"The skies will be cloudy... Thundershowers are expected in some parts of the city in the evening," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature will hover around 33 degrees Celsius, added the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 80 percent.
According to IMD, the capital`s rainfall deficit had so far grown to 61 percent.
Saturday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were both a notch above average at 35.4 degrees and 27.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city