Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: It was a cloudy and muggy morning in the capital on Thursday with humidity at 85 percent and the minimum temperature recorded two notches above average at 27.2 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy. Some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The capital recorded 9.3 mm of rainfall till Thursday morning.
The maximum temperature will hover around the 33 degrees Celsius mark, the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 85 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 507.3 mm this monsoon -- 15 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at the average of 34 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!