Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: It was a cloudy and muggy morning in the capital on Thursday with humidity at 85 percent and the minimum temperature recorded two notches above average at 27.2 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy. Some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The capital recorded 9.3 mm of rainfall till Thursday morning.
The maximum temperature will hover around the 33 degrees Celsius mark, the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 85 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 507.3 mm this monsoon -- 15 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at the average of 34 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog