Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: It was a cloudy and muggy morning in the capital on Thursday with humidity at 85 percent and the minimum temperature recorded two notches above average at 27.2 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy. Some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The capital recorded 9.3 mm of rainfall till Thursday morning.
The maximum temperature will hover around the 33 degrees Celsius mark, the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 85 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 507.3 mm this monsoon -- 15 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till September 20.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature settled at the average of 34 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was two notches above the season`s average at 27.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof