Hundreds left dejected on last day of trade fair
New Delhi: Hundreds of people were on Sunday
turned away by the organisers of the IITF on the last day
after the one lakh cap on sale of daily tickets was reached a
little past noon.
People were seen pleading with the customer care
executives at Pragati Maidan metro station to provide them
with tickets of the India International Trade Fair.
The demand for the venue tickets led black marketeers to
sell them at Rs 150 a piece -- thrice the actual amount.
"If there are no tickets available, I am ready to pay Rs
100 extra to buy a ticket for myself," Digambhar Jain from
Chandni Chowk, said.
CRPF and Delhi Police, which faced a tough time to manage
the surging crowds, had to put barricades before the ticket
"The cap for sale of ticket is 1 lakh and its the same
for all days. Its written clearly in the ad for public safety
the sale of the ticket will be stopped once the limit is
reached," CRPF, DIG Vikram Saigal said explaining the
On the allegations that the security personnel were
misbehaving with the visitors and media-persons, the DIG
refuted the claims.
"They are not misbehaving. When the crowd is so big and
everyone is a hurry to enter, the police needs to control the
crowd. Media persons with valid identity cards are not being
stopped," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow