Hundreds left dejected on last day of trade fair
New Delhi: Hundreds of people were on Sunday
turned away by the organisers of the IITF on the last day
after the one lakh cap on sale of daily tickets was reached a
little past noon.
People were seen pleading with the customer care
executives at Pragati Maidan metro station to provide them
with tickets of the India International Trade Fair.
The demand for the venue tickets led black marketeers to
sell them at Rs 150 a piece -- thrice the actual amount.
"If there are no tickets available, I am ready to pay Rs
100 extra to buy a ticket for myself," Digambhar Jain from
Chandni Chowk, said.
CRPF and Delhi Police, which faced a tough time to manage
the surging crowds, had to put barricades before the ticket
"The cap for sale of ticket is 1 lakh and its the same
for all days. Its written clearly in the ad for public safety
the sale of the ticket will be stopped once the limit is
reached," CRPF, DIG Vikram Saigal said explaining the
On the allegations that the security personnel were
misbehaving with the visitors and media-persons, the DIG
refuted the claims.
"They are not misbehaving. When the crowd is so big and
everyone is a hurry to enter, the police needs to control the
crowd. Media persons with valid identity cards are not being
stopped," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video