Hunger strikes in Delhi for Jan Lokpal: Anna Hazare
Bareilly: Social activist and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Thursday said a fresh agitation would be launched in Delhi to press for the passage of the Jan Lokpal bill by Parliament.
"Hunger strikes would be started for Jan Lokpal once again at Ramlila ground in Delhi from December," he said here during his ongoing Jantantra yatra.
"This time the slogan would be, bring Jan Lokpal or go out," he said.
Hazare said India Against Corruption would be renamed as Jantantra Morcha.
He said political parties do not give tickets to candidates to contest elections on the basis of character, but on the basis of money and muscle power.
"This is the reason there were 163 tainted MPs and 15 Ministers facing corruption charges," he claimed.
"Our fault is that we elect persons to whom parties give ticket and therefore, we are facing the consequences."
"We should resolve that we will not vote for goons and corrupt persons. Only then, a true democracy would be established," he said.
Hazare said his struggle was not limited to Jan Lokpal, but to "get democracy implemented in its true sense".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'