Hunger strikes in Delhi for Jan Lokpal: Anna Hazare
Bareilly: Social activist and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Thursday said a fresh agitation would be launched in Delhi to press for the passage of the Jan Lokpal bill by Parliament.
"Hunger strikes would be started for Jan Lokpal once again at Ramlila ground in Delhi from December," he said here during his ongoing Jantantra yatra.
"This time the slogan would be, bring Jan Lokpal or go out," he said.
Hazare said India Against Corruption would be renamed as Jantantra Morcha.
He said political parties do not give tickets to candidates to contest elections on the basis of character, but on the basis of money and muscle power.
"This is the reason there were 163 tainted MPs and 15 Ministers facing corruption charges," he claimed.
"Our fault is that we elect persons to whom parties give ticket and therefore, we are facing the consequences."
"We should resolve that we will not vote for goons and corrupt persons. Only then, a true democracy would be established," he said.
Hazare said his struggle was not limited to Jan Lokpal, but to "get democracy implemented in its true sense".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?