Hunt for Asaram`s son Narayan Sai in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A joint team of Gujarat and Delhi Police on Wednesday conducted raids in the national capital in search of Narayan Sai- the rape accused son of controversial godman Asaram Bapu.
According to reports, the raids were conducted in Asaram`s Rohini and Najafgarh-based ashrams in search of his son, who is still absconding.
On Tuesday, a local court in Gujarat adjourned the hearing on anticipatory bail plea of Asaram`s son Narayan Sai in a sexual assault case filed by two sisters against the father-son duo after the prosecution sought time to file a detailed reply on it.
Additional sessions judge PP Shah has given time of two days to the prosecution and kept the next hearing on October 17 to hear the plea.
As the hearing began, public prosecutor Nayan Sukhadwala requested for time to file a detailed reply against the anticipatory bail plea of Sai.
Surat Police had recently registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Narayan Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The complaint against Asaram was transferred to Chandkheda police station in Ahmedabad as the alleged incident took place in Asaram`s ashram here.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram. The whereabouts of Sai are not known.
Both Asaram and Sai had filed petitions in Gujarat HC seeking quashing of sexual assault complaints against them.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister