Husband attacks family; child dies, wife survives
New Delhi: Suspecting her of having an illicit relationship with his cousin, a young man brought his wife and their toddler all the way to the national capital and launched a murderous attack on them - the woman survived but the 18-month-old could not.
Ramesh was arrested from Bijwasan Railway Station in south-west Delhi yesterday over a week after he killed his one-and-a-half-year-old daughter and severly injured his wife near a farm in Kapas Hera area in the capital.
The incident came to light when police found the woman identified as Renu and the child`s body on June 14 and shifted the woman to a hospital where she is now recuperating.
After inquiries, police came to the conclusion that Ramesh must have murdered the baby and tried to kill his wife as they ascertained from their relatives that the couple had a troubled past.
During interrogation, Ramesh told police that he married Renu 6 years ago and was living with two children -- one girl and a boy.
"He said he came to Delhi with the motive to kill them (wife and the girl) as his wife had developed illicit relations with his cousin who had brought them to Delhi earlier for job," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police, South-West District, said.
Ramesh also suspected that the girl was born out of her wife`s illicit relationship.
He also told the police that he shifted to his village from Delhi some time back after coming to know about the relationship.
"To teach a lesson, he hatched well planned conspiracy to eliminate her. When the mother and the child were sleeping, he killed his daughter by smothering here and hitting her with a brick on the abdomen and then attacked his wife. After sensing no movement in them, he fled from the spot," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what