Husband attacks family; child dies, wife survives
New Delhi: Suspecting her of having an illicit relationship with his cousin, a young man brought his wife and their toddler all the way to the national capital and launched a murderous attack on them - the woman survived but the 18-month-old could not.
Ramesh was arrested from Bijwasan Railway Station in south-west Delhi yesterday over a week after he killed his one-and-a-half-year-old daughter and severly injured his wife near a farm in Kapas Hera area in the capital.
The incident came to light when police found the woman identified as Renu and the child`s body on June 14 and shifted the woman to a hospital where she is now recuperating.
After inquiries, police came to the conclusion that Ramesh must have murdered the baby and tried to kill his wife as they ascertained from their relatives that the couple had a troubled past.
During interrogation, Ramesh told police that he married Renu 6 years ago and was living with two children -- one girl and a boy.
"He said he came to Delhi with the motive to kill them (wife and the girl) as his wife had developed illicit relations with his cousin who had brought them to Delhi earlier for job," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police, South-West District, said.
Ramesh also suspected that the girl was born out of her wife`s illicit relationship.
He also told the police that he shifted to his village from Delhi some time back after coming to know about the relationship.
"To teach a lesson, he hatched well planned conspiracy to eliminate her. When the mother and the child were sleeping, he killed his daughter by smothering here and hitting her with a brick on the abdomen and then attacked his wife. After sensing no movement in them, he fled from the spot," he said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met