Husband, son kill Delhi police sub-inspector
New Delhi: A woman sub-inspector of police was allegedly strangulated with an electric wire by her husband and minor son over a financial dispute at her residence here, police said Saturday.
Vipin Bala Sharma, 43, who was posted at Crime Against Women Cell at Nanakpura, was strangulated by her husband Anil Sharma, 44, and 16-year-old son around 2 am Saturday in Kilokri area of south Delhi.
Anil and his son, a Class 10 student, surrendered themselves at Sunlight Police Station around 5 am Vipin was rushed to AIIMS Truama Centre. "The body has been sent for post-mortem examination," a senior police officer said.
Police said Anil and Vipin had a love marriage in 1992, four years after Vipin joined Delhi Police. They have two children. The elder son was appearing for board exams and the second son, a 12-year-old, is in Class 7.
"Anil for the last seven years was running an eatery outlet - Annapurna Dhaba - at Sunlight Colony area. The couple was not on good terms with each other for the past few years due to financial and domestic dispute," the officer said.
Anil told police that his wife kept asking for money from the eatery. The two had a fight outside the outlet Friday, police said.
"Anil had created a scene then. Both reached the police station to settle the score. Vipin complained that her husband was not taking care of her and used to spend all the money on his father and sister. Things were settled and they were sent home," the officer said.
When they reached home, the younger son scolded his mother. "He accused his mother of bringing shame to the family by taking the matter to the police station," the officer said.
Police said the feud continued and Anil and his elder son killed her.
Both the sons were living with their father in a separate room. The younger son told IANS: "She died, so what."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH