Hyderabad blasts: Delhi on high alert
New Delhi: In the wake of the recent twin blasts in Hyderabad, the national capital was put on alert on Sunday following instructions from the Union Home Ministry.
Heavy security has been deployed across busy markets and places like India Gate, where huge rush is expected on weekends.
All entry and exit points around India Gate have been blocked and almost all vehicles are being checked by police officials.
Also, barricades have been placed around the India Gate lawns.
Two bomb blasts had rocked the Hyderabad City on Thursday killing 16 people and leaving 117 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'