`I am innocent`, says sentenced Rajya Sabha member Masood
New Delhi: "I am innocent. Hundered percent innocent," was what Rajya Sabha member and Congress leader, Rasheed Masood said after being sentenced to four years in jail by a Delhi court on Tuesday in a corruption case.
67-year-old Masood made the remarks to mediapersons when he was being taken to Tis Hazari court complex lock up this evening.
Dressed in his trade mark white kurta-pyjama and Nehru cap, Masood appeared calm and thougthful during the arguments on sentence and before the court pronounced the punishment in 22-year-old case.
Masood was held guilty of fraudulently nominating three undeserving candidates, including his nephew, to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura medical colleges from the central pool as Health Minister in the National Front government of 1990.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark