`I am innocent`, says sentenced Rajya Sabha member Masood
New Delhi: "I am innocent. Hundered percent innocent," was what Rajya Sabha member and Congress leader, Rasheed Masood said after being sentenced to four years in jail by a Delhi court on Tuesday in a corruption case.
67-year-old Masood made the remarks to mediapersons when he was being taken to Tis Hazari court complex lock up this evening.
Dressed in his trade mark white kurta-pyjama and Nehru cap, Masood appeared calm and thougthful during the arguments on sentence and before the court pronounced the punishment in 22-year-old case.
Masood was held guilty of fraudulently nominating three undeserving candidates, including his nephew, to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura medical colleges from the central pool as Health Minister in the National Front government of 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?