`I am innocent`, says sentenced Rajya Sabha member Masood
New Delhi: "I am innocent. Hundered percent innocent," was what Rajya Sabha member and Congress leader, Rasheed Masood said after being sentenced to four years in jail by a Delhi court on Tuesday in a corruption case.
67-year-old Masood made the remarks to mediapersons when he was being taken to Tis Hazari court complex lock up this evening.
Dressed in his trade mark white kurta-pyjama and Nehru cap, Masood appeared calm and thougthful during the arguments on sentence and before the court pronounced the punishment in 22-year-old case.
Masood was held guilty of fraudulently nominating three undeserving candidates, including his nephew, to MBBS seats allotted to Tripura medical colleges from the central pool as Health Minister in the National Front government of 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'