I am not an easy target: Kanimozhi
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi, set to appear
before a CBI court tomorrow in connection with the 2G spectrum
scam, on Thursday said nobody should think she is an "easy target"
and asserted that she will fight the case legally.
"I don`t believe in speculation. Lets wait and see what
happens tomorrow and the court has to decide. I cannot tell
you what court should decide or what the court would decide,"
she told television channels when asked about speculation that
she might be arrested.
43-year-old Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M
Karunanidhi, said, "If people think I`m an easy target, they
are highly mistaken".
Kanimozhi, who has been named in the second charge sheet
filed by the CBI in the 2G case, said "It is a very, very
serious charge and that I am very clear and I am very sure
that we will come out of it and I will come out of it clean".
She was replying to a question on CBI naming her as a
co-conspirator in the case.
Asked whether she was prepared for the eventuality of her
arrest, she said "if that is what the legal system wants, if
that is what the CBI wants then we have to wait and see. We
have to fight it whatever it is. We have to fight it legally".
"So we have to stand up and fight in the court. But lets
wait and see", the Rajya Sabha MP said.
"We have to face everything legally. We cannot run away
from things. We have to respect the court. We have to face it.
We cannot keep running away", Kanimozhi said when asked
whether appearance before the court worries her as other
chargesheeted persons in the case were in jail.
She has also been asked by the Enforcement Directorate to
appear before it in connection with the 2G case under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Observing that she believed in the legal system of the
country and that she will abide by it, she said "whatever the
court decides, I will accept... I have complete faith in the
Indian judicial system and there will be justice one day".
In its supplementary charge sheet filed in a special
court on April 25, the CBI has accused Kanimozhi of entering
into a criminal conspiracy with former telecom minister A Raja
for allegedly accepting illegal gratification through
Kalaignar TV -- a channel run by the ruling DMK in Tamil Nadu,
in which Rs.200 crore related to the 2G scam was said
to have been routed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read