I did not meet caught builder in recent months: Delhi minister
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia
tonight dismissed as "mischievous" reports that Amritpal
Singh, owner of the collapsed building in East Delhi, had met
him and informed about the accumulation of water in the
Accumulation of flood water in the basement has been
identified as one of the reasons for collapse of the building
in east Delhi`s Lalita Park on Monday night in which 67 people
have lost their lives.
In a statement, Walia said he had not met Singh "in
recent months" and hence the question of the owner informing
him of accumulation of water in the building does not arise.
"The allegations are far away from truth," Walia said.
Claiming that he followed all rules in construction of
the five-storeyed building, Singh reportedly said he had told
"ministers personally about the details of the building."
Singh, who was arrested last night, has 25 criminal
cases registered against him, including on the charge of
attempt to murder and adulteration of building material.
Delhi Government has already ordered a judicial probe
into the incident.
Over 60 families, mostly labourers from West Bengal,
were living in the cramped quarters of the 15-year-old
building where an illegal fifth floor was under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy