I did not meet caught builder in recent months: Delhi minister
New Delhi: Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia
tonight dismissed as "mischievous" reports that Amritpal
Singh, owner of the collapsed building in East Delhi, had met
him and informed about the accumulation of water in the
Accumulation of flood water in the basement has been
identified as one of the reasons for collapse of the building
in east Delhi`s Lalita Park on Monday night in which 67 people
have lost their lives.
In a statement, Walia said he had not met Singh "in
recent months" and hence the question of the owner informing
him of accumulation of water in the building does not arise.
"The allegations are far away from truth," Walia said.
Claiming that he followed all rules in construction of
the five-storeyed building, Singh reportedly said he had told
"ministers personally about the details of the building."
Singh, who was arrested last night, has 25 criminal
cases registered against him, including on the charge of
attempt to murder and adulteration of building material.
Delhi Government has already ordered a judicial probe
into the incident.
Over 60 families, mostly labourers from West Bengal,
were living in the cramped quarters of the 15-year-old
building where an illegal fifth floor was under construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof