I-T probing people involved in defence deals
New Delhi: The Income Tax department has put under scanner defence deals and certain individuals after it began probing transactions related to arms businessman Abhishek Verma.
The department has gathered documents from CBI after it initiated a tax evasion related probe against Verma and few of his business associates in the national capital.
The department had last year approached the Ministry of Defence in this regard last year regarding information on any middleman who could be involved in illegal defence procurement deals.
The department, however, did not specifically ask about any deal including the current controversy over the purchase of 12 VVIP choppers from Italian firm AgustaWestland, sources said.
The department has begun probing the financial transactions of few Indians who have been named in documents received by a estranged business associate of Verma and were received by CBI and the Enforcement Directorate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani