I was forced to sign blank papers by police: Kazmi
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in bombing of the Israeli diplomat`s car, has told a Delhi court that in police custody, he was forced to sign some papers without reading them.
In a handwritten application, sent from Tihar Jail, Kazmi told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, "I was forced to sign papers which were not given (to me) for reading. I was also made to sign on blank papers."
Kazmi said when he refused to sign the papers, he was told by Special Cell sleuths that his family will bear the consequences if he does not obey.
"I would also like to state that the applicant was never consulted before any statement. In some instances, I was forced to speak as if I was comfortable and willing to give statement. I apprehend that a video might have been made to mislead the proceedings in the court," he said.
Meanwhile, an application was moved in the court today on behalf of Alon Yehoshua, the husband of Isreali diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who was injured in the attack. Yehoshua moved the court seeking release of the damaged car and permission for assessment of damage caused to it to claim insurance amount.
He informed the court that he is the owner of the Toyota Innova car which was damaged in the attack and that the same has been in the custody of Special Cell for investigation since the day of the incident.
Yehoshua said he approached the insurance company for claiming losses and a surveyor was appointed to conduct survey of the car but when he visited Special Cell of Delhi Police, he was told that the car cannot be inspected without the court`s permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!